Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Puny Victory in Woodland









Yesterday, was a fusion of both chaos and joy. The cat show produced by the Poppy State Cat Club was a one day-six ring show. Woodland is good two (2) hour drive, got up at 4:30 AM to get ready and be at the show by 8:30 in the morning. Halfway driving, Cuddle Bug ( Red McTabby Devon Rex ) accidentally had a "call of nature." I was not worried at first since I have a litter box in the car. Guess what? She accidentally stepped on her "poop." I had to stop in the middle of nowhere to clean her up and to get rid of the smell. Just when I thought that the worse was over, Sapphire ( Platinum Point Tonkinese) went into the litterbox and stepped on the "poop." Yayayayay ! Thank heavens, I have enough alcohol wipes to clean up the mess. This incident cost me 30-40 minutes of my traveling time. Grrrrrr !

Luckily, there was no traffic on the way to Woodland and I was able to drive 90 miles per hour. I got to the show hall 5 minutes before the end of "check in." Talk about --- in the nick of time. The show started in time, yet it started slow. Judges were quite meticulous about the kitten class, taking a good look and critic of the line up.

Cuddle Bug got four (4) BEST of BREED, an 8th BEST SHORTHAIR KITEN in Judge Ed Davis ring and just when we were about to leave; Cuddles got another 8th BEST ALL-BREED KITTEN under Judge Maj-Britt Stein. Sapphire also got into a final, though some Tonkinese exhibitors were calling her "Big Bertha." She got 5th BEST SHORTHAIR CAT in Judge Ed Davis, as on OPEN (amazing aloha!). It's very seldom that judges would use an OPEN in a final and I was flabbergasted. She also got her six (6) winner ribbons to get her CFA CHAMPION title.

At the end of the day --- I was dead beat, happy and proud of our BABIES !

No comments: